Wednesday 4 July 2012

Nikon D800

Hi

I've at last  received my new Nikon D800 camera (ordered since March). The camera was bought to supplement not replace my existing cameras a D700 and a D3 which are comparatively low rez. I'm planning to use it for group images or shots which require lots of detail to be recorded. The camera was field tested a couple of days after delivery and I'm very happy with the detail picked up. Take a look at the image below shot during a wedding with a wide angle zoom lens. The pictures show one a slight crop of the full frame and the other a 100% crop of the same pic, the amount of info shown is surprising and should allow me to crop and still supply large enlargements to customers.


The camera has now completed a couple of weddings over the last two weekends and I have to say I'm pleased with the way it handles. The new focus setup procedure is nice to use, you quickly get used to pressing the button and turning the command dial to set single/continuous focus. The only downside is the hand hold on the camera body is smaller than the 700 or D3 predecessors. Not a lot to complain about though.
 The year thus far has been quite busy with wedding photography taking up most of the time. I have also had a few parties and christening shoots.
I'll post some more shots of recent weddings soon.

Cheers Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment